This week we continue to look at Space.
Can you remember the planets and the facts we are learning?
- The sun is our local star in our solar system
- We get our energy from the sun
- This is a grey rocky planet.
- It does not rotate so one side (away from the sun) is always cold and the other side (nearest the sun) is always very hot
- This planet has many volcanoes
- Is the brightest planet
- The only place where humans, animals and plants can live
- Is the only planet that holds water
- Is know for being the 'red planet'
- This planet has a mucky red dust that covers most of its surface
- There is no rock to this planet it is made out of gases
- It is the fastest spinning planet
- Is made mostly of a gas called hydrogen
- It has 82 moons!
- Is the coldest planet in the solar system
- It is known as the ice giant
- Is the furthest planet away from the sun
-It is dark cold and very windy