As you are aware, we continually follow guidance issued by Wakefield Local Authority alongside our local public health team. We currently do have some cases of Covid-19 amongst our staff and families.
As we are a large primary school with over 400 families, we have decided to deliver Christmas activities this year in a different way. At Christmas time, many of our 'normal' activities are now classed as 'high risk' in terms of transmitting coronavirus. As always, we will do everything we possibly can to make this as special a time as possible. Therefore this is how we plan to celebrate Christmas this year:
- All children have decorated a special star (donated by a past parent) to create a piece of art in our entrance with every child represented.
- Staff and children have been busy trimming up their classrooms and the school to make it feel really Christmassy.
- There will be a 'special visitor' in school to see all the children - who knows what he may bring with him!
- Classes or year group bubbles have been busy practising a range of festive celebrations which they will record and share with you. Teachers have been really creative and the children are really enjoying putting this together for you.
- If children would like to send their friends Christmas cards, please can we keep this to children/staff in their own class.
- All children will be having a Christmas party during the last week of term. The class teacher will let you know what day this is on and your child can dress ready to party for the day! To make this a really exciting party, please feel free to donate a contribution of 50p-£1 (by Wednesday 8th December) so that teachers can buy party food and prizes.
- On the last day of term children can come to school wearing a Christmas jumper/dress/non-uniform.
- We will once again be opening our fabulous Christmas shop! This is where your child can go along to our 'Pop Up Christmas Shop' and buy a present for up to two parents/carers. They then get to wrap their presents to take home to put under the tree as surprises for Christmas day.
If you wish for your child to take part in this please send a maximum of £2 in an envelope with your child's name on it. Each present costs £1. Please send money no later than Friday 10th December).
- Keep an eye on our Facebook page to see what Bells, our Elf on the Shelf, gets up to each day!
We do hope you understand the decisions we have made to keep our children and families as safe as possible throughout the festive period. With the added uncertainly of the new Omicron variant, the last thing we wanted to do was to build our children up yet again for something that could potentially get cancelled (including if we had an outbreak of any variant in school).
Thank you so much for your ongoing support.