At South Parade Primary School, social development enables our pupils to understand the rights and responsibilities of living in a community and being a responsible citizen.
We are committed to:
- Fostering the skill and qualities of team building through the development of self-confidence, co-operation, sensitivity to others, reliability, initiative and understanding
- Providing an environment where pupils can take responsibility for themselves and others in school and the wider society
- Acceptance and engagement with the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.
- Enabling pupils to develop and demonstrate skills and attitudes that will allow them to participate fully in and contribute positively to life in modern Britain
At South Parade Primary, we promote social development through:
- PSHE curriculum
- Pupil voice and peer leadership roles
- EOCT events - links with other schools in Ossett
- Residentials for Y4 and Y6 pupils
- Sports Day
- Educational Visits
- Experiences in school eg. Sleeping under the stars Y5, Farm in school EYFS+Y1
- Extra-Curricular activities
- Supporting the local community