At South Parade Primary School, spiritual development enables pupils to look within themselves, at their human relationships and the wider world.
We are committed to:
- Celebrating the religious and non-religious beliefs and values that our pupils bring as part of their family culture/heritage and to build an awareness of and respect for others’ spiritual and religious beliefs
- Fostering common human values and building spiritual capacities to promote self-worth, self-esteem and a valuing of others
- Helping our pupils to come to an understanding of themselves as unique individuals
- Developing our pupils’ curiosity, imagination, creativity and promoting a sense of awe and wonder.
At South Parade Primary, we promote spiritual development through:
- Our Monday PSHRE linked assemblies
- Friday celebration assemblies
- Class presentations (including homework projects)
- School visits to places of worship
- Educational visits and visitors which inspire awe and wonder
- Themed days and weeks
- RE curriculum
- PSHE curriculum